Canada Post is known for its work on time but sometimes packages can’t be delivered on time and remain undelivered. These undelivered parcels whatsoever the reason was there for the delivery wasn’t attempted are called the Undelivered Mail. If you want to know the causes and reasons why these parcels were not delivered then you are at the right place. Here you will get answers to all of your questions like what is Canada Post undeliverable Mail? What does Canada Post do with the Undelivered Mail? So, without wasting any minute let’s go ahead on this page and find the answer to all questions regarding undelivered Mail.
What is Canada Post undeliverable Mail?
As we told you earlier in this post that when a mail can’t be delivered by Canada post and remain undelivered, this mail is called undeliverable mail. When a mail doesn’t fulfill the requirements given by Canada Post then it will not be delivered. If you want to know the factors affecting the delivery of mail then you are now at the right place. Here we have mentioned some reasons, causes, and factors that affect the delivery by Canada post. Read all these factors below on this page.
* If the sender has written an incomplete address on it then it may not be delivered to the addressee.
* If you have mentioned an address that doesn’t exist or an invalid address then it will not be delivered to the addressee and will be considered as undelivered mail.
* If the addressee refuses the delivery then it will remain undelivered.
* If the addressee has moved to another location and you have mentioned the earlier address and have not forwarded the mail to a new address or the mail forwarding request has expired. The mail will not be delivered in this case.
* If the addressee refuses to pay the postage charges then it will not be delivered.
* Any item that is illegal or is not wrapped properly will not be delivered.
What Does Canada Post Do With Undelivered Mail?
If a mail remains undelivered or an undeliverable mail will be set to move to the warehouse of Canada Post. Here, the workers of Canada Post unfold all these packages and according to the condition of the item, action will be taken by Canada Post. Here we have mentioned some conditions and the action that will be taken by Canada Post.
* If the package is empty then it will be destroyed.
* If the mail consists of any valuable item and has a forwarded address then it will either be delivered to the addressee or back to the sender.
* If there is no address mentioned on the mail and it has a valuable item then it will be sold by Canada Post and the money received will be credited to Canada Post.
* If the package contains money and has a forwarded address then it will be sent to the addressee in form of the money order and if it doesn’t have any address then money will be credited to Canada Post.
What Happens If A Mail Is Addressed Incorrectly?
If you have mentioned any address on the mail then Canada Mail tries its best to deliver the mail to the right address by the estimated time. In case, if you have mentioned an incorrect address then you can’t correct the address or can’t make any change to the incorrect address once the mail has been sent for delivery. The mail might be returned to the sender only in the following cases.
(i) The address you have mentioned doesn’t exist.
(ii) If the mentioned address is incomplete or invalid.
(iii) If the addressee refuses the delivery.
(iv) If the addressee refuses to pay the postage charges.
Note: The sender may be liable for the return charges depending on the kind of mail.