Moving from one place to another is exciting as well as a challenging affair when it comes to administrative tasks. All those who receive a large number of mail at their home address should consider Canada Post mail forwarding service. It will deliver all your mails to your new/current address. This article will tell you why you can opt for this service when you move.
- 1 What is the Mail Forwarding Service of Canada Post?
- 2 How Long is Canada Mail Forwarding Service?
- 3 Stop/ Cancel Mail Forwarding Service of Canada Post
What is the Mail Forwarding Service of Canada Post?
The Mail forwarding service of Canada post is an optional service that you can use to deliver all your mails to your new address when you move. In case you forgot to inform someone or a service provider while changing your address, you don’t have to worry; Canada Post will redirect all your mails to the correct address. You can call this mail forwarding service a safety net.
How to Set Up Mail Forwarding?
- Visit the website of Canada Post
- Create a business or a personal account as per your requirements
- Fill in all the personal information asked
- Now, verify your email address
- Follow the instructions given to start with your mail forwarding service
- Use your credit card to pay
- You may have to go to your nearby post office with a given bar code
If you don’t want to do this online, you can go to your nearest post office. There, you’ll be able to directly sign up for this mail forwarding service.
When should I Go for Mail Forwarding Service?
It is advisable to at least buy a mail forwarding service 30 days prior to your move. Canada Post will send you mails at regular intervals; don’t miss any of these mails. For residential addresses, the mail forwarding service will start within 5 days and for business addresses, it will start within 10 days. This is only when you buy the mail forwarding services online.
However, if you buy this mail forwarding service offline i.e. by visiting your local post office, it will start within 3 days for your personal and also for your business needs.
ALSO VISIT : Canada Post Registered Mail
How Long is Canada Mail Forwarding Service?
- If you’re temporarily shifting your residence within provinces only, a mail forwarding service is available for minimum 3 months. You can apply for a monthly renewal.
- There is no minimum number of months required if you’re temporarily shifting your business within provinces.
- If you’re permanently shifting your residence within provinces, mail forwarding service is available for 4 to 12 months. The Same is the case for permanent business shifting also.
What does Canada Post doesn’t Forward?
- Already paid envelopes
- Mails that are received at a postal address that more than 2 businesses use
- Mails from a privately owned mailbox company
- Personal mails that are delivered to an institution or a business
Mail Forwarding Cost / Price of Canada Post
Residential Mail Forwarding Cost
Duration Residential Cost
3 months (for temporary shifting only) $53.70
4 months $56.70
12 months $86.80
Additional month $17.90
Business Mail Forwarding Cost
Duration business Cost
Cost per month (for temporary shifting only) $96.60
Cost per month (for high volume temporary shifting only) $170.52
4 months $170.55
4 months (high volume) $943.03
12 months $264.75
12 months (high volume) $1464.09
These are the average costs. Canada Post has the authority to change these costs anytime.
Stop/ Cancel Mail Forwarding Service of Canada Post
Follow the below-given steps to stop/cancel the mail forwarding service of Canada post:
- Go to the Canada Post website and log in to your account
- Click on “dashboard”
- Select “mail forwarding”
- Now, click on “view all orders”
- Go to “transaction history”
- Click on “cancel service”